Medan – Bukit Lawang – Berastagi – Sipiso-piso Waterfll – Singkil - Banyak Islands – Lake Toba – Medan
Imagine vibrant colours of the tropical forests, traditional dresses, ripened rice fields, beautiful landscapes, corals, wild birds and macaques… all of those you can enjoy in this 11 day tour of North Sumatra.
Feel and savour the nature of Mount Sinabung in Berastagi, enjoy cool weather and the beauty of the biggest caldera in the world and learn the cultures of Batak people around Lake Toba, and contemplate to marine nature by trekking and snorkeling in Pulau Banyak.
13 days 12 nights tour – Starting from $3200 for 2 people
- Day 1; Medan: Airport Pick up and head upto Bukit lawang through the equatorial rain forests and beautiful mountains. Breath taking views unique to N Sumatra.
- Day 2, 3, 4; Bukit Lawang: Where the famous Orang-utan conservation project is situated. Here there is trekking and rafting in the lush intact primeval equatorial jungle. ( Mosquito repellant advised).A wonderful place to relax and enjoy the mountainous jungle.
- Day 5, 6; Berastagi & Sinabung Volcano park: A live Volcano and ghost-town, then walk in the fruit market , then go picking strawberries and oranges in the local orchards in the surrounding hill.Then take the winding road to Singkil where there is an over-night stay in a 3 star hotel.
- Day 7, 8, 9; Banyak archipelago: Take a boat out to the Banyak archipelago, sun-drenched tropical islands with turquoise sea and white sanded beaches. Go island hopping,see the many different islands,each with their individual characters..Fish & snorkel on colourful coral reefs,go jungle trekking on Tuangku Island and visit the Tembago cave.
- Day 10, 11; Toba Lake: Head back up to Lake Toba via the splendid Sipiso-Piso waterfall, a 100m high cascade,dropping down into the Toba basin, with a panoramic view of the surrounding to the area. Lake Toba is where 75 million years ago, a super volcano erupted, causing the second ice- age.The largest crater lake in the world, 75 km long by 30km, at its widest points. Stay in a beautiful Batak house on the lakeside with amaizing views and cristal clear water.Visit a traditional Batak village,where they still jump over a 2m high stone to prove their manhood.See their original costumes and customs.
- Day 12; Parapat: Cross lake Toba by ferry to Parapat,go through eastern Sumatra through age old villages and rice paddies where life is as it used to be.– Stay over night in Medan.
- Day 13; Medan: After Breakfast – Transfer to Medan Kuala Namo Air Port- The end of the tour.
Noted : All the Hotel in Medan, Berastagi, Lake Toba, are 3 & 4 star. How ever in Singkil-Pulau Banyak are more spartial and relaxed, fitting with the environment around. ( Beach-huts, the best available in this area).Price:
- $1600/pax(minimal 2 pax)
- $800/pax if 6 and more
- Pick up and transport by your guide & driver
- Meals 3 times a day ( not included breakfast in the first day and dinner in the last days)
- Mineral water
- Hotels / guest houses
- Trekking and rafting and all entrance fees.
- Tips for local guides (if any)
- Snorkeling equipment
- Travel insurance (highly recommended to take insurance from your country)