Bukit Lawang – Berastagi -Lake Toba
What if you only have less than 7 days of holidays, and you like mountains more than beach? The weather of tropical mountains almost feel like spring or early autumn, so if you don’t like the hot tropical climate, this tour package really suits you.
Enjoy trekking and meet orang utans in Bukit Lawang, savour the nature of Mount Sinabung in Berastagi, admire the biggest vulcanic lake in the world (Toba)) and learn the cultures of Batak people living in the very crater.
7 days and 6 nights tour.
- $1,600 / Pax. Minimum 2 Paxs for Booking Tour
- $800 / pax if More than 6 Persons
Activities in this tour:
- Bukit Lawang: Trekking, rafting (only during rain season), Orang Utan and other wild animal seeing
- Berastagi : Fruit Market, Gundaling Hill, Strawberry field, Oranges field
- Lake Toba : Tuk-tuk, Stone Chairs of King Siallagan , tomb of King Sidabutar, Huta Bolon Museum, Pantai Pasir Putih, Aek Rangat natural hotspring
- Day 1/2/3: Medan: Airport pick up. Head through equatorial rain forest and mountains to Bukit Lawang,where the famous Orang-Utang conservation project is situated. Here there is trekking and rafting in the lush intact primeval equatorial jungle.(Mosquito repellent advised).
- Day 4: Berastagi & Sinabung Volcano park: A live Volcano and ghost-town, walk in Berastagi fruit market, then go and pick strawberries and oranges in the surrounding hills.
- Day 5-6: Head to Lake Toba via Sipiso-Piso waterfall, a splendid 100m cascade dropping down into the Toba basin, with a panoramic view of the surrounding volcanic scenery unique to the area. Lake Toba, where 75 million years ago, a Super Volcano erupted, causing the second ice-age, leaving the worlds largest crater lake. 75km long by 30km, at its widest points. Stay in traditional Batak house at the lakeside and enjoy splendid views of this pristine and unique area.
- Day 7: Head back to Medan via eastern Sumatra.Cross lake Toba by ferry to the small town of Parapat and then drive through the rice paddies and small villages where rural life stays unchanged for centuries.
All the hotels in Bukit Lawang & Berastagi are 2 star.However in Lake Toba stay in traditional Batak houses by the lake.
- Pick-up and transport by your guide and driver,
- Meals 3 times a day
- Mineral water
- Hotels / Batak houses
- Trekking and rafting and all entrance fees.
- Tips for guides and driver.
- Travel insurance.(Recommended to take out insurance before you leave home)
- Airport tax