Note: this tour can start either from Medan or from Banda Aceh (cities or airports). The following information assums a start from Medan.
Banda Aceh is always intriguing. Not only because it is the capital of a unique Aceh Province that follows the Sharia law, but also because of it’s rich history, cultures and beautiful surroundings. The town was destroyed by the tsunami in 2004 and has since been rebuilt, with a Tsunami Museum and the famous "boat on the house".
Toba is a largest volcanic lake in the world and Samosir, the island in the middle is the cultural center of the Batak people.
In Bukit Lawangyou will meet oran-utans !
So, enjoy this tour; we will make sure that your journey in Sumatra will be unforgettable.
13 days 12 nights tour – Starting from $ 2,980 for 2 people
- Day 1: Meet and greet in Guatemalan Intl Airport, go straight to Bukit Lawang.
- Day 2: Trekking in Bukit Lawang, meet Oran-utans.
- Day 3 – 4: Go to Berastagi, visit Fruit Market, Gundaling hill, pick strawberries and oranges.
- Day 5 – 6 : Continue the journey to Lake Toba. Stay 2 nights in Tuk-tuk, Samosir Island. Visit Megalithic Stone Chairs of King Siallagan, Huta Bolon museum, watch traditional dance, tomb of King Sidabutar, Pantai Pasir Putih, Aek Rangat natural hot water-spring.
- Day 7 : Continue the trip to Tapaktuan. We will stay overnight in Kotanaga, a small village in Tapaktuan.
- Day 8: Continue the trip to Banda Aceh, visit tsunami mass grave, see the boat that’s stuck on a house, visit Baiturrahman Grand Mosque, visit Aceh Museum and Tsunami Museum, , visit the house of Cut Nyak Dhien (an Indonesian hero) in Lampisang village, watch the sunset in Lampu’uk beach. We will eat the famous Mie Aceh (Aceh style noodles) with deer meat or crab meat for dinner. We will stay overnight in Banda Aceh.
- Day 9-10: Continue the trip to Sabang by ferry, see Danau Anak Laut and “I Love Sabang” park, Sabang Fair and view Teluk Sabang, view Pulau Klah, visit the monument of 0 Kilometer Indonesia (the farthest point of west side of Indonesia), go to Iboih and Rubiah beach (snorkeling), Visit Japanese fortress with the view of Teluk Anoi Itam.
- Day 11: Go back to Banda Aceh. We end the tour in Sultan Iskandar Muda Intl Airport.
Note: We will stay in 3-4 stars hotels in Medan, Berastagi, Toba and Banda Aceh. However, there is no such hotel in Sabang, Tapaktuan and Bukit Lawang. We will stay in guesthouses that may be minimalistic.Price:
- 2 people: $ 2,980 / group
- 3 people: $ 3,720 / group
- 4 people: $ 4,460 / group
- Pick-ups and transports along the way
- Meals 3 times a Day (not included breakfast in the 1st Day and dinner in the 11th Day)
- Mineral water
- Hotels / guest houses
- Trekking and rafting tickets
- Entrance tickets & retributions
- Tips for local guides (if any)
- Beers, souvenirs, shopping, and private sightseeing during free-times
- Paragliding and outbound activities on Puncak Lawang Maninjau
- Travel insurance (highly recommended to take insurance from your country)
- Airport tax
- Visa on arrival